Benefits of Getting Clear Braces
Many Arizona adults are not happy with their smile. Perhaps when they were growing up their family could not afford braces. Then again, maybe they were just a stubborn adolescent who refused to get braces, but they now regret that choice. As adults, they are now able to afford to correct their malocclusion, but feel self-conscious about wearing traditional metal braces.
Today, there are better solutions for Arizona patients wishing to correct their bite. There are several companies that fabricate clear braces, such as the pioneers who created Invisalign braces in Glendale , and others who followed suit, like ClearCorrect braces.
Chances are you know someone who wears clear braces, most likely either Invisalign braces or ClearCorrect braces in Glendale. You just may not realize that they are wearing them, since they are made to be invisible. Clear braces consist of a set of rigid plastic aligners that you will change every few weeks. They are created to gradually move your teeth into a more ideal position.
As with everything in life, there are both pros and cons to using clear braces. It’s important to look at all the details before you decide to get Invisalign braces or ClearCorrect braces.
The greatest benefit of clear braces is that more adult patients than ever before are seeking orthodontic care now that they don’t have to deal with the stigma and discomfort of metal braces, brackets, and wires. Arizona teens and adults can now enhance both the function and appearance of their teeth with clear braces.
- Clear braces are much more comfortable to wear than metal braces in Glendale, with no brackets and wires to poke and irritate your mouth. Clear plastic aligners are smooth and comfortable.
- Clear aligners can be removed for eating, eliminating the embarrassment of having chunks of food caught in your braces. Since they can also be removed for brushing and flossing, you can forget the craziness of trying to thread floss between metal braces, and your teeth will stay cleaner and healthier throughout the orthodontic process.
- Although many people want to straighten their teeth for cosmetic purposes alone, straighter teeth are healthier teeth. Crooked, turned, or overlapping teeth collect more food particles, which in turn form bacteria and plaque. Misaligned teeth are notoriously difficult to keep clean since there are often areas that are inaccessible to brushing and flossing. In addition, when teeth are straight the gums fit more snugly and are less likely to recede or succumb to gum disease. Periodontal disease (gum disease) has been linked to systemic inflammation and numerous serious conditions.
- When clear braces are used to correct a malocclusion, it decreases the wear and tear on the teeth and jaws. Patients with a bad bite are much more likely to suffer from TMJ, as misaligned teeth can place extreme stress on the jaw. Additionally, misaligned teeth are more likely to chip or break.
- In order to effectively re-align teeth, clear braces must be worn a minimum of 22 hours per day. They should only be removed when you are eating and when you clean your teeth. This requires more self-discipline than many teens and some adult possess.
- Although clear braces are definitely more comfortable than irritating metal brackets and poking wires, each time you change to a new aligner you can experience discomfort similar to the discomfort people feel after having their braces adjusted.
- Once again, although clear aligners give the convenience of being able to remove them to eat and to clean your teeth, it can also become bothersome to always have to remove them to eat, especially at a restaurant. Additionally, after eating you will need to brush your teeth before putting the aligners back in your mouth.
The Cost of Clear Braces
If you are looking for affordable braces, traditional metal braces often cost less than clear braces. The actual price of either option will vary in accordance with several factors, such as how much work needs to be done and how long your orthodontic care will last.
Traditional braces are often the more affordable braces, since the materials for metal braces are fairly inexpensive, while the lab cost of having Invisalign or ClearCorrect braces made averages about $1500.
Aesthetic Dentistry of Arrowhead
At Aesthetic Dentistry of Arrowhead, we believe the benefits of clear braces outweigh any drawbacks, as evidenced by the growing number of adults seeking orthodontic care now that they don’t have to wear metal braces. Orthodontic care brings a twofold benefit. First, oral health is improved with optimal teeth alignment, and second, our patients enjoy improved confidence that comes from a more attractive smile.
Dr. Greg Ceyhan opened Aesthetic Dentistry of Arrowhead in 2007. Dr Ceyhan is one of the leading dentists in Arizona. His practice covers most fields of dentistry, including general dentistry, cosmetic dentistry, braces, porcelain veneers, crowns, dental implants, and dentures. If you are interested in a straighter, healthier, more attractive smile, call Aesthetic Dentistry of Arrowhead for a consultation.
17100 N 67th Ave, Suite 500
Glendale, Arizona 85308
Phone: (623) 979-1515
Fax: (623) 878-1811
Office Hours: Monday-Friday: 8am-5pm